Regular physical activity can help a wide range of health problems including: stroke, metabolic syndrome, Parkinson’s, type 2 diabetes, depression, arthritis and falls.
Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more effectively. When your heart and lungs are more efficient, you have more energy to go about your daily activities.
Need an emotional lift? Physical activity releases endorphins that leave you feeling happier, help you cope, put your mind at ease and gain confidence!
Mobile Therapy – Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it doesn’t matter whether you are adjusting to a life-altering illness, recovering from a back injury, or want to improve your health, you will find the care you need with Team Select Mobile Therapy. Our rehabilitation specialists have the training, knowledge, resources, and perseverance to help you!
Yes, Medicare requires you to have a written prescription from an MD, PA, or NP. This can often be achieved with just a phone call.
While every policy is different, Medicare beneficiaries qualify for PT/OT visits every calendar year. Your benefits start over every January 1st.
Medicare beneficiaries are generally covered 80% by their primary Medicare insurance policy and the remaining 20% is covered if a supplemental insurance policy is in place. If you do not have supplemental insurance, you will be responsible for the remaining 20%.
Medicare allows continued therapy pending patients are able to make positive improvements toward therapy goals.
We are proud that many of our locations have been recognized as a Home Care Elite top agency over the past several years. The HomeCare Elite list is the result of an annual review and compilation of the most successful Medicare-certified home health care providers in the U.S.
This review recognizes the Top 25% of those agencies whose performance measures in quality outcomes, quality improvement and financial performance are the best and also identifies those honorees ranked in the Top 100 and Top 500.
Physical Therapy (PT)
- Post-Op Rehabilitation and Teaching
- Gait/Transfer/Mobility Training
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Prosthetic Training
- Weight Bearing Training
- Dynamic Balance Activities
- Manual Therapy
- Joint Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Modulation Techniques
- Manual Muscle Stretching
- Transfer/Gait/Balance Training
- Strength Training
- Electrical Modalities to Control Pain
Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Activities of Daily Living Training
- Perceptual Motor Training
- Orthotic/Assistive Device Training
- Home Modification Recommendations
- Energy Conservation Techniques
- Muscle Re-Education
Senior Living Community Partner
Team Select Home Care began partnering with Assisted and Independent Living Communities utilizing our continuum of care approach to fill the quickly growing gap of care for the aging population. This program has been created as a valuable resource to our partners by allowing their residents to maintain a healthier, more proactive approach towards keeping their residents independent for longer durations than they have ever experienced in the past.
Team Select Mobile Therapy provides PT / OT to residents who did not qualify for home care in the past due to not meeting “homebound” status, or residents that simply wanted to continue their forward progression of therapy once discharged from Home Care. Team Select Mobile Therapy focuses on a resident’s specific goals in an effort to keep both Independent and Assisted Living residents healthy and happy while avoiding re-hospitalization.
Team Select Home Care will work with your community in identifying a team of clinicians that will align with your organizations unique identity to ensure that as a team we are able to provide the most professional and effective care team.
Mobile Therapy at Home vs. Home Health Care
- Patient does not need to be “homebound”
- Patient is covered 80% by Medicare Part B and an additional 20% is covered by supplemental insurance, when coverage exists (co-pay may be applicable)
- PT and OT services available
- Customized one-on-one hands on treatment sessions
- Patient specific goals: Pain management, ortho recovery, shoulder pain, balance, vestibular, neuro rehab, etc.
- Goal is to progress patient past “prior level of functioning” through higher modality equipment to achieve patients maximum rehab potential
- Care driven by MD, DO, NP, or PA
- Medicare allows continued therapy, pending patient is progressing toward goals
- Therapy services provided to patients in the comfort and privacy of their own home
- Patient must meet “homebound” criteria, as defined by Medicare
- Service is 100% covered by Medicare Part A
- Skilled services may include needs for PT, OT, MSW, SN, and ST; OT/MSW cannot “stand alone” as a skill
- Intermittent education based care
- Goal is to discharge at “prior level of functioning” as dictated by the most recent H&P
- Care coordinated by MD or DO
Common Uses of Team Select Mobile Therapy
- Total Joint Replacements
- Post-Fracture Injury
- Muscle Tears
- Ligament Tears
- Balance Impairments
- ACL Reconstruction
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
- Joint Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Joint/Muscle Inflammation
- Post Arthroscopic Procedures